#iamgb video launches on 11 October 2016
Published on October 5, 2016
Over the last year, GB International has been asking you how being part of The Girls’ Brigade has changed your life! Over 180 girls and leaders from 14 different countries, completed the following sentence: ‘Because of GB, I am…’
Loved. A leader. Creative. Happy. Courageous. Free. Transformed.
These are just a small sample of your responses. We’re excited and overwhelmed to see the positive impact that GB has had on the lives of many people.
This inspirational video will be launched on our GB International facebook page and website on Tuesday 11 October 2016 which is UN’s International Day of the Girl. It will be free to download. If you are on facebook and twitter:
- Please share the post and add your #iamgb story – complete the sentence: ‘Because of GB, I am…’
- Remember to include the hashtag #iamgb at the end of your post
What better way to celebrate the International Day of the Girl than by turning up the volume of Gospel hope for girls in social media?
No matter what time of the year it is, the #iamgb video can be used in many ways to share the transformational impact of Girls’ Brigade across the world. Here’s SIX ideas for you:
- In your GB: Share it with your GB group either as an opening/closing devotion (ask them to share their #iamgb story) or as part of an international badge work session.
- Church family: Share it with your church family during an enrolment and/or parade service. Celebrate the stories of how God is moving in the lives of girls across the world.
- Parents: Encourage parents to see that their daughter is part of a global family by showing it at a display or parents’ evening.
- Leaders: If you’re facilitating a leadership training event, inspire your leaders by reminding them that they are part of a movement which is investing in girls and transforming lives. Leaders are a vital part of this story.
- Fundraising: If you’re hosting a fundraising event, the #iamgb video is great a tool to inspire others to invest in your local work as it demonstrates GB’s transformational impact.
- Publicity: Share it on your national TV stations or spread it on your social network and let’s turn up the volume of hope for girls.
Thank you to everyone who took part. We wish that we could include every photo and video in our film clip but this is not possible due to space restrictions. Look out for a larger collection of stories in our #iamgb downloadable e-book launching in 2017.