IPC – a message from International President, Priscilla Penny
Published on June 28, 2019
So, it has been almost a year since we met in Zambia for ICGB 2018! How time flies.
A lot of exciting things have happened since then.
- We launched the GB Advocacy tool kit in October 2018. I pray that you have found this a useful tool and are using it to make a difference and transform lives.
- The Live Joyfully Resource and Prayer Calendar were launched in January 2019 and I hope this makes it easier and fun to be with the girls every week. Check out the Resource Page on our website. We would love your feedback.
- GB is sitting at the table and your Delegation of Hope represented you at the Commission on the Status of Women conference (CSW63) in New York in March 2019. Watch this space and pray for doors of opportunity to open.
- “Girls Living Life to the Full Challenge”. This is an exciting opportunity for girls to share their passion and be creative. The deadline for submissions is coming up soon. Find out more here.
So what’s next?
The International President’s Committee meets once a year to strategise for GBI and Share what is happening in the GB world in the five fellowships and in the member countries. Did you submit your Country report to your IVP? Did you share good quality, high resolution pictures? Share your stories.
We have had three Skype meetings since November 2018.
From 8 to 14 July 2019, the IPC will be meeting in the Cook Islands. So what’s on the Agenda for the 6 Days?
The Agenda is packed! This is the first face to face meeting since the new IPC took the reins at ICGB 2018. By the end of the meeting we should have:-
- A Road Map for GBI for 2019 to 2022. We listened at ICGB at some of the concerns and recommendations that came out of the Discussion groups. Our strategy will be standing on Five Pillars:
- Capacity building
- Resource mobilisation
- Advocacy and campaign for social justice.
- Sustainability initiatives (Focusing on the United Nation SDG’s)
- Creation care
- Plans for ICGB 2022 and the Gathering.
- Look at budgets and policy issues.
- We will have time to pray for GB and listen to the voice of God.
- We will pray for each other as a team, realising that we face different challenges as leaders and as individuals.
- We will have a time for team building
- Discuss what our status with UN Women means and see how we can get maximum Benefit.
- We will have time for fellowship with the Cook Island girls and officers.
We are excited! I am sure exciting things will come out of our time together. We start travelling from 4th July, 2019 from our different locations and arrive in Auckland on 7th July and our final destination, Rarotonga, Cook Islands on 6th July. Confused? So are we! The Cook Islands are 12 hours behind New Zealand.
Please pray for:
- Journey mercies
- Good team spirit
- The Holy Spirit to preside over the meetings
- Good health
Follow the IPC on Facebook. We will be posting updates throughout.
Peace, Love and Joy