Official notification of ICGB 2022 – Jamaica
Published on April 1, 2020
Today it was announced that ICGB 2022 will be held in Jamaica. Please read on to find all the initial information.
ICGB 2022 Initial Information
- DATES: 2nd to 9th AUGUST, 2022. GB Jamaica has recommended arrivals on a Tuesday and departures on Tuesday, as all weekend flights in and out of Jamaica are very expensive.
- HOST: KINGSTON, JAMAICA
- The proposed host city of Kingston is Jamaica’s capital and administrative and financial centre. Greater Kingston with the nearby regions of Portmore and Spanish Town is home to over 1.2 million Jamaicans and is currently undergoing major infrastructural improvements (road widening and overpass construction) which will make moving the about 500,000 vehicles much easier. The City is a major cultural hub, with theatres, restaurants, clubs, churches, and tertiary institutions of world class renown. Its National Stadium has been the host venue for the Commonwealth Games and the IAAF World Junior Championships in athletics, as well as the Netball World Championship.
- Kingston sits at the base of the majestic Blue Mountains, Jamaica’s highest mountain range and has the 7th largest natural harbour in the world. Across the harbour is the world-famous Port Royal, home to pirates and buccaneers for over two centuries. Nothing to fear, Port Royal was destroyed by an earthquake in 1692 and is now a quiet fishing village which serves the best fish fare in the country.
- The City is home to several historic churches and the Ward Theatre, where many of London’s West End plays of the early 20th century had their debut performances. There is the touch of fine global cuisine and a stylish nightlife scene with many live performances in different genres from religious to classical, popular to folk and a range of theatre plays and revues.
- VENUE: To be confirmed
- INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS
- Norman Manley, Kingston: www.nmia.aero
- Donald Sangster, Montego Bay: www.mbjairport.com
- Ian Fleming, Boscobel St Mary: www.ifia.aero
- ACCOMMODATION: Shared Rooms
- COST: US$800.00 per person (Plus any bank charges to ensure full amount is transferred )
- AGE: all delegates must be over 18 years
- ATTENDEES: there will be two categories of attendees:
- Delegates: these are to be selected by the National Boards following whatever local protocols they may choose. Each country may have up to 10 official delegates 50% of whom should be under 35 years.
- GB Friends and Supporters: these are independent GB members, friends or supporters who wish to immerse themselves in all that ICGB has to offer. They will be responsible for their own funding, will be able to attend all sessions but will not have voting rights. Places for GB friends will be available on a first come first served basis. Those wishing to attend should liaise with their National Office.
- REGISTRATION FORMS – will be available from your National Office or from www.gbworldwide.org at a date to be advised.
- THEME – RISE IN STRENGTH #SHOUT. Based on Isaiah 40 : 1 – 31
Details of the registration process will be advised in due course.