To support, encourage and equip our member countries in their desire to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Greetings from the International Vice President
GB Europe is the part of the Girls’ Brigade family made up of England and Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. The Fellowship has some 50,000 members and is working in over 1,101 companies.
Girls’ Brigade Europe transforms lives by supporting each other to seek, serve and follow Christ.
In order to achieve our mission, we commit to:
- Working together & supporting each other
- Creating practical initiatives to engage members
- Producing relevant resources
- Expanding horizons
I have been privileged to lead the fellowship since June 2014 and am continually amazed at all that is happening around GB Europe:
- National Boards creating structures and constitutions able to meet the changing world of the 21st century.
- Work groups launching new initiatives aiming to turn up the volume of hope for girls in a changing and developing culture
- Faithful leaders providing secure environments and building relationships that are lasting and valued.
- Young people who are passionate in their faith and responsive to Christ’s call to follow him.
It is a privilege to work with all these people! Part of the purpose of the Fellowship is to enable countries to collaborate together on new initiatives and projects. Here’s some of our Fellowship activities:
FIZZ mission teams
The Fizz initiative mobilises a new generation of women to serve communities around the world; joining, pioneering and enabling projects that restore hope for life. Started in 2009, over 100 women from GB Europe have served on FIZZ mission teams in Kosova, Cambodia and South Africa. Find out more about our latest GB Fizz team here – https://gbfizz2016.splashthat.com/
Mission development in Europe
Over the last two decades, GB Europe has been exploring mission development in Eastern Europe, particularly in Kosova and Romania. We remain committed to turning up the volume of hope for girls in contextually relevant ways.
GB Europe has produced a number of resources to equip leaders to work with young people. Topics include additional needs, issues affecting young people and our GB Worldwide family. Most should be available via your national GB shop.
History Makers UK
For a number of years, GB Europe has partnered with History Makers to provide a leadership equipping week for 18-30s. HMUK helps participants ignite their faith, enhance their leadership skills and enables them to join a global community. Find out more here – www.hmuk.jimdo.com
We would love to see you involved in some of our projects. Thank you for all that you do to turn up the volume of hope for girls.
IVP, Girls’ Brigade Europe